Music Blog

The first musical movement piece I will pick is the nineties.  The band Red Hot Chili Peppers released a lot of their music during this time.  Even though the band formed in 1983, one my favorite songs, Scar Tissue, was released in 1999.  As far as technology goes, the cymbals are clearly heard during this song as a steady pace.  During the nineties the drums and cymbals were very popular. 

My next musical movement is hardcore.  For this category I choose the band Kiss.  Their appearance appears very hardcore with all their notable face makeup, hairstyles, and clothes they wear.  The technology, the sharp and loud sounds their guitars make, fits them into this category.  Also, their singing with their screaming voices. 

For the girl power category, I choose Beyonce.  A lot of her songs revolve around women and feminism and speaking about how women have control over their own life.  The technology she uses is all modern because she is currently still making music.  I chose her because I think she is a good representation of what girl power should be. 

In the Punk category, I put AC/DC.  Specifically their song Highway to Hell.  This category seems a little similar to the hardcore category, to me.  The way they sing this song what they wear suggests a punk style.  The technology, consists of very loud instruments, such as guitars and drums. 

When I saw the Latin World category I immediately thought of Shakira.  She has very popular songs, such as Hips Don't Lie.  She is very up-to-date with her technology because she can play guitar, harmonica, and the drums.  I picked her for this category because of her popularity and how much she is involved in the Latin culture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electronics- Kindle 21 century invention

Xerox Assignment